Benefits of being a member at Studio One
1. As of this fall we've added more classes as peak times & more variety in levels and instructors.
2. Hands-on-assistants in over 50 classes! We are staffing popular classes with two instructors for better results and more hands-on-attention.
3. Members [memberships purchased before 8.31] will now be able to go back to Whole Body or Healthy Back & Joint Basics when needed at no additional charge!
4. Members [memberships purchased before 8.31] will now be able to go back to go to any Specialty Class at no additional charge!
5. Unlimited classes - online sign up has allowed us to have your membership be a true "unlimited" membership. Take as many classes as you can/want!
6. Put on hold when not using
not using your membership? place on hold for $5 per month.
7. Keep your low rate - we've never raised prices on members. Keep your membership and keep your current rate.
8. Upgrade & downgrade anytime.
some details below...
More classes at peak times & more variety.
Over 85% of Studio One members attend classes 1-2 times or more per week! This is vs. only 37% at a regular gym. Because you are so awesome and so dedicated, sometimes we run out of room at peak times at 9:40, 11, 12 and evening classes. Mixing it up - more variety in staffing in the evenings.
Two Instructors in most classes
We've heard you love those "aha" moments when you finally feel an exercise in a new or different way. That moment is often assisted by a great cue or a hands-on correction.
Nearly everyday we instructors hear 'thank you" for the hands-on help you received. Hands-on corrections or instructions are a fundamental VASIE tool for getting you better results and a more profound understanding of your body. And we, the instructors, are the mirrors to help you get those hands-on instructions and those "aha" moments.
When Studio One was in its first 3 to 5 years, nearly every class had two instructors. This not only made a profound difference in learning, but also in results!
We've gone back to our roots and added assistants to selected classes. To be precise - an incredible 50 classes will now be staffed with two experienced full-time instructors. We are thrilled to be adding more help and can't wait to provide you with modifications, feedback and a high-five when you get it right.
How do I work with my hands-on instructor?
- Remember, we are here for you and we love to help, so don't be shy about calling us over. If we don't know the answer, we will find one.
- Talk to your hands-on instructor before class about your struggles and injuries, and we will do our best to help you.
Whom do I pay attention to - the lead instructor or the assistant?
- The assistants you will have in class are all full-time experienced instructors. To get the most from their corrections, follow their lead when they come over. When an assistant first comes over, keep doing the exercise so they can watch you for one or two repetitions. If they have something to add, allow your attention to tune to them and away from the lead instructor. The assistants are trained to catch you up to the rest of the class once they are finished working with you.
What if I don't want any help?
Say "thanks, I'm good" or let them know before class you prefer to not receive any corrections.
Get remeasured before or after class. As long as you and the assistant have a moment, take a minute to get remeasured. It's a great way to keep track of progress.
Been coming for a while and have a specific injury you need help with?
Need a little extra help? You can spend up to 10 minutes in a private room with an instructor to work on your specific goal or issue, provided there is private spot in the studio. The 10-minute rule is important because we want to make sure that the attention is not taken away from the rest of the class for too long. If you find you need help for longer than 10 minutes, we recommend scheduling a private lesson.
Free Whole Body Boot Camp and Healthy Back & Joint Basics class for members.
Another amazing, free-of-charge addition to your Studio One VASIE program is starting October 3rd. All current memberships will include unlimited Whole Body Boot Camp and the Healthy Back & Joint Basics classes. This feature will not be available for new members so hang on to this bonus by maintaining your membership.
Wow, really? Unlimited Boot Camp classes?
Yes, really! You can go back to Boot Camp if needed. The only request we have is that you wait until last minute (night before) to schedule your Boot Camp so we have enough space for new folks to jump in first, to learn the basics. If Boot Camps get over-filled with experienced clients, new folks will end up in regular classes and slow down your class.
Is there room in Boot Camp?
Yes. With the exception of the rush periods in September and the spring, Boot Camp classes have spots and we love to see members participate.
Retail price for 12 Whole Body Boot Camps is $225.00. For you, it's free!
Why are you adding Boot Camps to my membership?
Boot Camp is designed for learning the basics. It is step one of the program and we want to give you the opportunity to relearn the basics and go back to step one when you need it, because it's part of the program. We are delighted to add this new feature to your membership and allow you to go and review the basics and re-stabilize your joints when needed.
See you on the mat & reformer,
Studio One VASIE team
Free Specialty Classes for current members
Dear Studio One VASIE Pilates Enthusiast,
Our next amazing upgrade will rock your world. Starting October 3rd, all current members can go to specialty classes free of charge. This includes Ballet Barre, Express Abs and Cardio Circuit, plus any class we add on in the future. This is for current members only. The free add-on will not be available for memberships purchased after 8.31.16, so hang on to this bonus by remaining a member.
Benefits & Value [Normally $50/month - Free for members]
Specialty classes such as Ballet Barre, Cardio Circuit and Express Abs are normally an additional cost for most members, either $50/month or $21.50 per class when purchased by punchcard. We developed these classes so that members can have more variety and specificity as you progress through your VASIE Pilates program.
Ballet Barre - great for toning legs, hips and glutes.
Cardio Circuit - cardio and strengthening class
Express Abs - focuses exclusively on flatter, stronger abs
What if I am paying the "add-on" fee for these classes?
We will lower your payment so it is also free to you.
What if I still have punches left over on my punchcard?
You can use the credit toward Master Classes or gift the classes to a friend.
Why is Studio One adding these classes for free?
It's part of a complete program. We encourage every member to participate in some of the specialty classes between six months and one year after starting the program. We feel strongly about this approach and want you to have access to these classes, so we are going to simply add them to your account for free.
Where do I start?
Start with Ballet Barre, as it's the most basic class. Progress to Express Abs if you need more work on your core/abs. Go to Cardio Circuit when you feel you can keep your low back and neck safe in class.
Studio One VASIE Pilates Team